This project is for a suit for Kevin J.
It is made from 16ga. 304 Stainless Steel



This page is depicting as we work on the Armour.


-9 July 2016-
The general concept.
The pattern for part of the gorget.
-14 July 2016-
The mechanical way to build a truncated cone.
What I need is 20 inches on the neck and 22.5 inches on the shoulder.
The general concept, this is a new way for me to design this piece of armour. The pattern for the gorget neck guard, which will be build out of 6 pieces/lames.
Spoke with customer changed neck to 19 inches. This is a better tool to change sizing very quick.
-19 July 2016-
The first part on steel.
Cutting the first half of the upper lame of the neck guard.
Setting this up for 9.5 inches per side. Run out of steel had to pull a new sheet out of 16ga. 304.
-21 July 2016-
The raw hinge for the upper gorget lame.
-22 July 2016-
The opening to the gorget.
It is 19 inches inside the gorget.
-25 July 2016-
The gorget anchor ring.
-27 July 2016-
After I started to work the edge it became a little small, you can see how I got it back to the correct size. I should be done with the gorget by this weekend.
-30 July 2016-
First time I ever used my arbor press in this way, it word better then I thought. Keep in mind this is all raw work.
-4 Aug. 2016-
Been working, just did not post, here is a view of the latch on the gorget.
-8 Aug. 2016-
Worked on this over the weekend, did not have time to post.
The gorget is almost done, this just takes time, there are no short-cuts.
-14 Aug. 2016-
The general idea of the look, will need to work the edges and sink the neck guards into the gorget.
-16 Aug. 2016-
The end of the gorget.
-21 Aug. 2016-
The general pattern for the breastplate.
. .
-23 Aug. 2016-
Did some fine tuning on the pattern.
Ready to work the breastplate.
-28 Aug. 2016-
Rolled the edges on the upper part of the breastplate.
Using the English-wheel on the lower part of the breastplate.
-31 Aug. 2016-
Driving the lower part of the breastplate.
The general idea, still a lot of work to do.
-24 Sept. 2016-
The raw back plate.
Rolling the edges.
New pattern for the elbow cop. Second view.
-8 Oct. 20016
Making the hinges to be mounted inside the vambraces.
The hinges. The parts for the vambraces.
Filling the spaces for the hinges. The over angle of the elbow-cop. Note: This is not made for fighting, but for looks.
The look of the mounted hinges. Working the second vambrace.
Both are done. Working on a pressure latch.
Open. Closed.
Back working on the breastplate/back. . .
May 19, 2017
Pauldron design.
May 19, 2017
Shaping the pauldron.
May 20, 2017
Working on the neck-guard / hawk-guard.
. .
May 22, 2017
Kevin came for a fitting.
May 25, 2017
Reworking the tassets.
June 7, 2017
Working on the heavy pauldrons.
June 8, 2017
Working on the pauldrons lames.
.
June 9, 2017
Working on the rear vambraces.
June 9, 2017
Straight arm.
June 21, 2017
Some of the last parts for this armour.
June 9, 2017
Straight arm.
June 21, 2017
Some of the last parts for this armour.
Aug ~20, 2017
Josh working on the pauldrons.
Working on the arms
View of the armour
How the pauldrons attach to the breastplate.
How the pauldrons attach to the breastplate. The breastplate.

THE END.


To the OnLineArmory.com

Klaus Jurgen Gehr (Armorer)

You can contact me at: klaus@onlinearmory.com
Last Modified: August 23, 2017